It’s only Wednesday and it’s already been quite the week of shit. It’s been raining pretty consistently since Sunday. Pouring right now, in fact. My brother’s house burned down (he’s fine but lost a bunch of his stuff). And Billy is in fucking stupid California for work until forever (October). In honor of all these shitty things, I’m making a list of things that are great.
THINGS THAT ARE GREAT
- When the laundry is done. For me, for now, it is.
- Marcel the Shell
- Wearing sweatpants, drinking red wine, watching great TV on demand.
- Speaking of on demand: Technology. You guys. Can we talk about how great technology is for a second? At this point I can pretty much survive on Netflix Streaming and Skype alone.
- Exercise. I’ve been running in Vibrams and my body feels great. And yesterday I went athletic swimming at the pool at my gym and it was really difficult and really fun. But also I had to swim in a lane labeled “fast” because apparently the lanes are labeled for speed? When did this start happening? Anyway all the other lanes were being used and I didn’t want to share a slow one just because of some stupid label so that contributed to my in-pool anxiety. And I didn’t know how I was supposed to get into the pool so I just like sat my butt on the edge and flopped in and it was like SPLASH!!!!! And then I swam three laps and it’s so weird how flailing your body around in a substance that can kill you if you stop moving is like… really tiring! I only swam for about 25 minutes and had to take a lot of breaks but afterwards my arms felt like this.
- Babies. What is it with them?! They don’t even do anything, hardly. They’re like little idiots. And I just look at their stupid little faces and I’m happy! THEY HAVE SUCH POWER OVER ME. And I’m lucky that lots of people in my life have young children and that they are kind enough to allow me to invite myself over to their houses while Billy is away so that I can squeeze their infants and toddlers.