I know. I know. It’s been awhile.
Moving right along.
Billy and I got married a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few highlights!
1. I wore red lipstick because you know what, it was my day.
2. Billy broke his elbow ONE WEEK before our wedding and I wasn’t even mad until I got a little mad but then you know what? In the end it was a blessing in disguise because you can’t complain about the seating arrangements when the groom has a broken elbow at his own wedding! It helped all of us clarify our priorities.
3. The weather. Just. The weather you guys. It was like 75 degrees, no humidity, a slight breeze, puffy clouds. It was perfection.
4. When I was getting my hair done I tried to remind my hairdresser Feri (very old country, Iranian, lovely woman) that I wanted my hair to be in big romantic curls and not up but down. Not up, Feri! Down. But she put it up. But you know what? Meh. It was pretty.
5. Immediately following the toasts from the best man and maid of honor Billy’s grandmother ran up to me and threw confetti on me yelling CONGRATULATIONS! Only it was like tiny pieces of metal or something. Metallic. And I swear one side of them was adhesive because the teeny tiny pieces would not get off my body no matter what I did. I was literally walking to the place where we were taking pictures with the bridal party. And then I had confetti super glued to my cleavage and armpits. Billy’s siblings, understanding the situation as they had likely been there themselves, saved the day by unsticking the metal bits from my boobies with scotch tape. My heroes.
6. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus y’all. Best wedding song of our generation.
I can’t list all my favorite parts because I’m sure it would get boring. Best day of my life thus far. And I know it’s just getting better from here.